Research Summer School in Genetic Phenomenology
Edmund Husserl’s C-Manuscripts.
An Open Project
The first International Research Summer School in Genetic Phenomenology will take place in Warsaw from September 24th to 28th 2018 at the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology / Graduate School for Social Research, Polish Academy of Sciences.
The Research Summer School aims at a concentrated hermeneutical work focusing on the phenomenological research presented in Edmund Husserl’s C-manuscripts 1929–1934 (edited by Dieter Lohmar as volume VIII of Husserliana-Materialien), dedicated to questions of temporality, corporeality and personhood from the standpoint of genetic phenomenology. The genetic account of phenomenology builds the new focus of Husserl- research and will also be the centre of upcoming initiatives during the next academic years.
Following Edmund Husserl’s phenomenological investigations, the Summer School aims at developing new instruments for human sciences and interdisciplinary research.
International experts will discuss thematic issues on the basis of textual analysis in lectures and seminars. In the afternoons, international scholars and advanced PhD students will continue the discussion with selected textual passages and their related research topics.
The program includes a Master Class on the book Force -pulsion - désir: une autre philosophie de la psychanalyse. Problèmes & Controverses, 2013 Paris, held by the author, Rudolf Bernet.
- Rudolf Bernet (University Leuven, Husserl-Archive Leuven, Belgium)
- Jagna Brudzińska (IFIS PAN Warsaw, Poland/ Husserl-Archive Cologne, Germany)
- Saulius Geniusas (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- Fabio Grigenti (University Padua, Italy)
- Julia Jansen (University Leuven, Director of the Husserl-Archive Leuven, Belgium)
- Dieter Lohmar (University of Cologne, Husserl-Archive Cologne, Germany)
- James Mensch (Charles University, Prague; Czech Republic)
- Karel Novotny (Charles University Prague, Czech Republic)
- Dominique Pradelle (Sorbonne University, Paris, Director of the Husserl-Archive Paris)
- Alice Pugliese (University of Palermo, Italy)
- Lanei Rodemeyer (Duquesne University Pittsburgh, USA)
- Claudia Serban (Toulouse University, France)
- Temporality and Individuation
- Corporeality, Animality and Motions
- Personhood and Intersubjectivity
- Genetic Methods
- Applications of phenomenological methods
Place: Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Polish Academy of Science, 72 Nowy Świat Street, 00-330 Warsaw, Poland
Language: English / German
Total Class Time: 30h
Participation is free of charge, but a registration is required.
Project Direction: Prof. Jagna Brudzińska (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Organisation Committee: Prof. Karel Novotny (email@example.com), Dr. Alice Pugliese (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Research Summer School is organized in cooperation with: Husserl-Archiv, Cologne | Les Archives Husserl, Paris | Husserl-Archives, Leuven | University of Padua | Charles-University, Prague | a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School for the Humanities, University of Cologne | International Network – Genetic Phenomenology and the Human Sciences